неделя, 30 май 2010 г.

Sophie Calle's Shadow and one (my) dream movie


This is a man who I would like to pursue a secret in Venice. He is an actor and I imagine him as the man in Sophie Calle’s ‘Suite Venitienne” if everything that happens in a movie. I am ready to pay him to follow me one day in Venice. I am ready to pay my friend R. to shoot him with her semi-professional camera during that time. But I am not so rich that I can pay my friends to do some things. And the idea is not mine. So, the only thing I can do is write a script for film about the early works of Sophie Calle in Venice. By the way, there is a fictional film about the works of Diane Arbus starring Nicole Kidman as Arbus, do you know it? This film " Fur: an Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" was released in 2006, it used Patricia Bosworth's book Diane Arbus: A Biography as a source of inspiration.*

Another project of Sophie Call, The Shadow (1981), consisted of Calle being followed for a day by a private detective, who had been hired (at Calle's request) by her mother. Calle proceeded to lead the unwitting detective around parts of Paris that were particularly important for her, there by reversing the expected position of the observed subject.

___
* Susan Sontag wrote an essay in 1973 entitled "Freak Show" that was critical of Arbus's work; it was reprinted in her 1977 book On Photography as "America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly." I loved it.

4 коментара:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Ma mi par di conoscere questo signorinello bello.. =D

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Ezz caro,
    me l'hai presentato tu :) e ti son grata

    ОтговорИзтриване
  3. la differenza però quei primi progetti di Sophie Calle e un film che potremmo girare sta nel fatto che lei faceva tutto di nascosto mettendo tutto di sè (credo) e che nei film si recita e si fa finta di fare qualcosa infatti...

    ОтговорИзтриване